How to write a successful CV
Here are some of our Top Tips on how to write a great CV!
- Check for Grammar and Spelling mistakes, then ask someone else to check it again
- Check the formatting
- Use a strong and clean visual layout
- Avoid dense blocks of text
- Use bullet points
- DON’T use tables
- DON’T over complicate the formatting
- Include your contact information
- Include a location – this does not need to be your full address. For example, Maidstone, Kent
- Include if you have your own transport and/or driving licence
- Include a Profile, outlining who you are, what you can offer a company and your future goals
Include Skills on your CV
- It may be a good idea to include a technical skills matrix. For each skill state your proficiency for example; beginner, competent or expert
- You could split your technical skills under the following areas software, platforms, Packages, programming languages
- Links to examples of your work
Education – listed in reverse chronological order. Don’t just list the title of your degree include details on modules covered.
- Makes sure this is in reverse chronological order, i.e. starting with the most recent and working backwards
- Is there career progression?
- Do the job titles makes sense?
- Gaps – Are there any gaps between positions and if so why?
Interests – Volunteering work, Playing sport in a team. Highlight any skills that can be used in a work environment.
New Career Opportunities
Want to progress in your current IT career? Contact us here at 1st Choice Jobs where our Kent IT recruitment team can assist you in finding the right job opportunity, whether you’re looking for software developer jobs, project manager roles or available positions as a digital marketer, we can help you make the next step in your career.
1st Choice Jobs are a specialist IT recruitment agency, filling vacancies across Kent and the South East. Call us today on 01303 813 399.