1st Line Support Technician
up to £24k DOE
Established for over 30 years, our client, a Microsoft Certified Partner, seeks a new 1st Line Support Technician due to expansion. You will be responsible for supporting customers by online web/email support and direct telephone support as required.
As a small company of 15 staff, they offer a relaxed atmosphere with a great team bond, like a family. They have recently moved to larger open plan offices to accommodate their expansion plans.
They work up to the latest Server technology, Modern firewalls and protection systems.
Recent projects include installing the latest Servers (Physical and Virtual) to migrate from older 2008 systems or starting a Server-based network from scratch; installing firewalls and setting up and migrating Exchange to Office 365.
Regarding professional development, the client provides training material and time to study. They promote from within and expect all 2nd Line engineers to work towards Microsoft MCSA and all 3rd Line engineers to work towards Microsoft MCSE.
Working hours for the 1st Line Support Technician will be on a rotational shift basis ranging from 05:00 – 13:30, 08:30 – 17:00 and 09:00 – 17:30. Candidates must be willing to use their own transport daily for work (Mileage Allowance paid – 35ppm). The client is considering replacing the early shift with a 24/7 requirement in the future. A permit is provided for staff to park in nearby long stay car parks Mon – Fri.
Responsibilities of the 1st Line Support Technician
- Provide 1st Line Service Desk support for incidents (problem/issues) or service requests related to hardware, software, network connectivity
- Administration of group server and network infrastructure
- Fault-finding skills are important especially at network, printer and computer level
- Maintenance of all technical and user documentation ensuring it is always up-to-date and accurate
- Management and control of backups and secure storage
- Assist with hardware and software purchases including licensing and ISO standards
- Assist with Active Directory and Exchange mailbox creation
- VOIP and mobile phone support
Skills and Experience
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 7, XP
- Experience in Exchange 2010/2013/2016/2019 and ideally Microsoft Office 365
- Working knowledge of web applications, networks, protocols and email (SMTP, POP3, Exchange)
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange management on 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019
- Good understanding of TCP/IP Networking and experience with DHCP, DNS, VPN
- Firewalls and Switches, Routers
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Troubleshooting printers and copiers
- Experience dealing with technical end-users in a support role
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Willing to work within a team and as an individual
- Good technical and diagnosis aptitude is essential
- Good understanding of all handheld peripherals, e.g. iPad, iPhone, Android, etc.
- MAC OSX OS desirable
Find more 1st Line Support Technician jobs in Maidstone
Contact 1stChoiceJobs for other latest 1st Line Support Technician job vacancies in the Maidstone and surrounding areas. 1stChoiceJobs is a specialist IT recruitment agency offering IT vacancies across Kent.
Other Jobs near Maidstone, UK
IT Sales Executive Maidstone up to £25k basic, OTE £30K, uncapped commission VR/02899J Our client is a well-established and growing Managed Services company, providing leading IT support and services to business across the South East. With 15 current members of…
Full Stack C# .NET Developer Maidstone £55k VR/03122J Our client is looking for a skilled and experienced Full Stack C# .NET Developer (ASP.NET, C# .NET) to help develop and maintain both their internal and external client applications. It is an…