ICT Support Engineer – Education
Up to £24k + Benefits Package + Overtime depending on skill set and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for an IT professional with MS Server, Desktop, Active Directory and Networking skills to join a fantastic company promoting unique solutions and a hands-on approach.
As a ICT Support Engineer, you will be providing a mixture of 1st/2nd line services while on the customer’s site.
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, you will work closely with other service engineers in the Infrastructure and Service Delivery Teams.
To be considered for this opportunity you must possess:
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- A can-do attitude with strong customer services skills
- A calm and patient manner whilst working under pressure
- Previous experience working in a service support role within a school
- A Microsoft Server MCP Exam would be preferred
You must be able to demonstrate proven abilities in the support and installation of a wide variety of IT solutions and technologies and have direct experience in a school for a minimum of 3 years.
It is also essential to have a working knowledge and practical experience of the following:
- Microsoft Desktop and Office Systems
- Microsoft Server and Virtualisation Technologies
- Active Directory Security and Administration, GPO
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Support of hardware, printers, desktops and servers
- Email, Antivirus and Backup software
- Networking knowledge regarding WAN, LAN, VLAN, VPN, WLAN, layer 2/3 switching, Firewalls and routers
- Mobile devices/phones
The Service Support Engineer role may require extended or unsocial hours occasionally. There is the potential to augment the basic salary with overtime payments. The role may involve some manual handling from time to time including the movement of servers, hardware and racking of equipment.
Find more ICT Support Engineer – Education jobs in Ramsgate
Contact 1stChoiceJobs for other latest ICT Support Engineer – Education job vacancies in the Ramsgate and surrounding areas. 1stChoiceJobs is a specialist IT recruitment agency offering IT vacancies across Kent.
Other Jobs near Ramsgate, UK
2nd Line Helpdesk Engineer Location: Herne Bay Salary: up to £27k VR/03046R We are looking for an experienced 2nd Line Helpdesk Engineer to join an MSP based near Herne Bay. Duties: Provide Second-level support to all customers Manage escalated issues…