IT Security Engineer
Up to £50K DOE
Our client, based in Dover, is looking for an IT Security Engineer / cyber security professional to take the lead in strengthening their business and operational systems from attack.
As a key part of the IT team, you will act as a technology leader for cyber security, accountable for delivery of improvements to technical controls and IT governance. This will include:
- Leading on the support, maintenance and development of cyber security technical controls, process and governance.
- Investigating and remediating cyber security incidents.
- Deploying and using IT security tools such as vulnerability scanners.
- Deploying and maintaining security components of the infrastructure and applications.
- Providing input into the IT Strategy and IT Security Operations including policies, procedures and reporting systems.
- Providing subject matter expertise on the implementation of IT systems.
- Lead on compliance with the Network and Information Systems (NIS) regulation.
- Lead a programme of continuous internal vulnerability assessment and patch management.
Skills and Qualifications of the IT Security Engineer:
- Certificated in IT security, e.g. CISSP
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in technical security roles
- Sound knowledge IT Governance, Cyber Security Risk Assessments and Technical Security Controls
- Experience of implementing measures to meet Information Security standards
- Experience of planning, managing and following up assurance assessments
- Hands-on experience of more than one of the following areas:
- Endpoint Detection and Response
- Microsoft Office365 Security
- Vulnerability assessment
- Patch management
- Windows Server administration and configuration
- 25 days of annual holiday
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private Health Care
- Life assurance
- Employee assistance programme
Find more IT Security Engineer jobs in Dover, Kent
Contact 1stChoiceJobs for other latest IT Security Engineer job vacancies in the Dover and surrounding areas. 1stChoiceJobs is a specialist IT recruitment agency offering IT vacancies across Kent.
Other Jobs near Dover, UK
Backend Developer Location: Hythe £40k – £45k VR/02946R Our client requires a Backend Developer to design and code functional programs and applications and to write “clean” code to produce fully functional software applications according to business requirements. Responsibilities: Understand internal…
ICT Support Engineer – Education Margate/Ramsgate Up to £24k + Benefits Package + Overtime depending on skill set and experience. VR/03043R This is an exciting opportunity for an IT professional with MS Server, Desktop, Active Directory and Networking skills to…