Network & Security Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project works; this will involve planning and implementing client projects, including new infrastructure and system upgrades, some of which may need to be undertaken outside of normal working hours.
- Act as a support escalation for all network-related issues.
- Participate in Major Incidents and Major Incident reviews.
- Facilitate the effective working relationship between yourself, Service Desk and the wider business.
- Monitor progress of work, providing the customer with feedback and real-time information regarding progress, throughout the lifecycle of any work.
- Proactively escalate Incidents to the next responsible person when targets are expected to be breached, or where technical or functional escalation is needed.
- Maintain documentation in the relevant systems appropriate to the environment.
- Ability to attend data centres or customer’s sites for installation or support purposes.
- Work with supporting vendors to resolve hardware and software issues.
- Adhere to ITIL best practice during any change or scheduled maintenance windows with clear client and internal communications.
- Co-ordinate work in the most cost-effective manner, ensuring effective utilization of resources; promote focus and reduce duplication of effort.
- To communicate with the customer in a courteous, efficient, effective and professional manner at all times.
- Participate in out-of-hours support rota, if required.
- Coach and mentor members of the team as needed, ensure that knowledge is sufficiently spread to provide cover for holidays and other absence
- Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and organisational objectives.
- Assist sales with consultancy and technical advice.
Required Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Experience)
- Hands on experience with support ticketing systems
- 4+ years of working with Cisco switches, routers and firewalls
- 4+ years of working with Palo Alto suite of firewall products, including features such as URL filtering
- Cisco/Meraki WIFI products
- Networking experience within hypervisors such as VMware
- Networking experience within public cloud such as Azure
- Extensive use of networking technologies such as VPN, 802.1x, MFA, etc.
- Exposure to monitoring tools and applications, understanding of SNMP
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with a focus on customer care
- Technical documentation skills and understanding its importance
- Cisco certification (CCNA in Security or Routing and Switching)
- Palo Alto Systems engineer qualification
- Working knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems and its roles
- Has a commercial awareness, able to identify and communicate opportunities to the relevant team
- A logical approach to problem-solving.
- Able to identify when a problem may require escalation.
- Excellent time management and priority determination skills.
- Polite and constructive whilst dealing with all customers.
- Maintain a high standard of work and professionalism.
- Ability to work unsupervised and diligently.
- Personal determination to increase knowledge and competences.
- Team working skills.
- Be responsible for your own career development by keeping abreast of technology and industry best practice.
Find more Network Security Engineer jobs in Sevenoaks
Contact 1stChoiceJobs for other latest Network Security Engineer job vacancies in the Sevenoaks and surrounding areas. 1stChoiceJobs is a specialist IT recruitment agency offering IT vacancies across Kent.
Other Jobs near Sevenoaks, UK
Due to expansion our client is looking to recruit a Senior Infrastructure Engineer. Staff are currently working remotely, and office based on a rota basis. Company benefits include free lunch, sit/stand desks, Perkbox, Employee Assistance, Regular wellness events, 32 days…
Due to expansion our client is looking to recruit three 2nd Line IT Network Support Engineer. Staff are currently working remotely, and office based on a rota basis. Company benefits include free lunch, sit/stand desks, Perkbox, Employee Assistance, Regular wellness…
Due to expansion our client is looking to recruit a 1st Line IT Network Support Engineer. Staff are currently working remotely, and office based on a rota basis. Company benefits include free lunch, sit/stand desks, Perkbox, Employee Assistance, Regular wellness…