Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
Sittingbourne, Kent (Remote/office/field based, covering predominantly Kent & London)
Up to £35,000 DOE, Plus Overtime
The Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer is a technical pre-sales role within the organisation reporting to the Head of Sales.
You will work closely with the Sales team and Engineers within the Infrastructure and Service Delivery teams. You will be directly responsible for assisting sales documentation, quotations, proposals, high-level diagrams (Visio skills desirable) and the ability to size and cost solutions for required environments. Successful solution design with clear detail is paramount to assist the Sales Team quoting customers standard to complex solutions, ensuring a streamlined approach for the Sales and Technical teams.
The ideal candidate will be a competent 3rd line engineer that is well-presented and possess excellent technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and presentation capabilities, and be able to demonstrate commercial awareness with previous experience in the successful delivery of complex projects, such as migrations and architecting new solutions.
The Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer role is based primarily at the Head Office in Sittingbourne with the ability to work from home during this remote working state, occasional onsite meetings and video conferencing as required. A full driving license, your own transportation, and a willingness to travel if requested are prerequisites.
The Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer role may require extended or unsocial hours, occasionally at short notice.
Our client is a market-leading IT solutions provider specialising in platform hosting, network infrastructure, data centre and business continuity services for small, medium and large enterprises, public sector organisations, as well as other service providers.
Established for over 30 years and with a £6M turnover and strong balance sheet, the company’s facilities include two data centres, a disaster recovery suite, nationwide ISP and 24/7 network operations centre. Our client has a record of sustained growth and is currently experiencing further rapid expansion.
An engineering role, you will be specialising in the design and documentation of technical solutions with a strong focus on customer engagement with the Sales Team.
The successful candidate should have:
- Strong industry knowledge in Managed Services including Cloud, Datacentre and multi-tenanted solutions
- Proficient in WAN and network technologies
- MCSE level skills in Microsoft products and services.
- A good understanding of Cyber security and Data Protection
- The ability to keep up to date with evolving technologies
- Provide clear and precise information that is understood by technical and non-technical individuals
- Attention to detail and good time management
- Good commercial awareness and understanding of business needs, from SMEs – Enterprise levels
- Encourage and drive continuous improvement throughout the sales and technical process
- Microsoft Office Products including Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Exchange and SQL
- Microsoft Licensing: Volume, 365, EM+S, Teams
- Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy
- Virtualization technologies including Hyper-V or VMware
- Network hardware including Router, Firewall, Switches, Wi-Fi (Vendor Neutral)
- Storage including SAN, NAS, SCSI, iSCSI and Fibre Channel
- Security technologies: MDM, Security products
- Backup and DR technologies with a strong understanding of Business Continuity
- MSCE / MCSA
- Google GSuite
- ISO27001/PCI DSS/HIPAA
Find more Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer jobs in Sittingbourne
Contact 1stChoiceJobs for other latest Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer job vacancies in the Sittingbourne and surrounding areas. 1stChoiceJobs is a specialist IT recruitment agency offering IT vacancies across Kent.
Other Jobs near Sittingbourne, UK
Marketing Executive B2B Software Industry Salary: Circa £35k VR/2768RS For this role we are specifically looking or someone who has been in Marketing role for a IT, Software or technology business. In a business to business environment for at least…
Webforms C# Developer Rochester Salary: Negotiable Can be either full or part-time VR/02795R We are looking for an experienced Webforms Developer to join our client’s team based in Rochester. This is due to some legacy systems still being in operation….