Senior IT Development Manager
£50k – £85k DOE
Location: Kings Hill
We are looking for a ‘hands on’ Senior IT Development Manager to join and run our client’s development team and to take forwards its innovative and business critical Origination System and to develop new applications, working closely with the IT Director. Our client has always punched above its weight with software development and so the Senior Management Team expects to be able to deliver software solutions very quickly, and to the highest quality and security standards.
The role holder must be able to communicate with, understand and win the trust of the business, the executive and external partners. They must also have the flexibility to react to the changing needs and priorities of a very flexible business while working within the overall business strategies.
- £50k to £85k dependent upon experience.
- Flexible working, work from home or come in to the office as required.
- Industry leading AXA backed Private Health Care with no excess.
- Generous Pension contributions of 4%.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Death in service.
- Social events (should you wish to be sociable).
- Dress down Fridays once a month.
- Supported Training and a CPD track.
- Free Parking.
- Black Tie Christmas party and Summer Teambuilding events.
- You will direct the strategic development, management and deployment of our client’s software.
- Ensure a delivery-focused and flexible approach to projects/deliverables, maintaining a high level of accuracy in estimation whilst coping with fluctuating requirements.
- Ensure Technology is able to support the business in maintaining its reputation for fast and flexible software delivery.
- Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to the SMT, team managers and end users.
- Establish and maintain regular face-to-face and written updates to the Management Team as required, team managers and end users regarding pertinent Technology activities.
- Undertake other activities over and above those listed in the role profile, appropriate to your skills and experience
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software.
Experience and knowledge
- Proven ability to lead and inspire the team to deliver on complex tasks.
- Experience managing teams in a complex and thriving development environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- A minimum of 3 years of commercial experience with C# and MS SQL Server are essential
- Excellent working knowledge of the Agile development framework.
- A background in, or strong understanding of, the IT development life cycle.
- Experience of managing large, successful projects.
- Experience of communicating with senior management and the executive, both in person and in writing.
- Data – Microsoft TSQL skills, including Stored Procs, required.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, comfortable with develop and maintain good relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organisation, including the Executive.
- Excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to question requirements, analyse problems, challenge assumptions, and propose practical, innovative and creative solutions, either alone or in consultation with teams and others departments.
- A can do attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Tidy and well presented
- Open and honest
- Always looking to improve
- Degree or industry qualifications
Find more Senior IT Development Manager jobs in Kings Hill
Contact 1stChoiceJobs for other latest Senior IT Development Manager job vacancies in the Kings Hill and surrounding areas. 1stChoiceJobs is a specialist IT recruitment agency offering IT vacancies across Kent.
Other Jobs near Kings Hill, UK
Part-time Marketing Executive 20 Hours per week Wrotham Salary: Negotiable VR/03038R The directors are happy for this Part-time Marketing Executive role to maybe cover 20 hours per week and can accommodate child / school-friendly hours if required. They have returned…
Agresso Senior Support Analyst Location: Maidstone Salary: £45k – £50k VR/02811R The intention is that long-term this will be a role based in the Maidstone office. However, initially this will be a remote work from home role and, as time…